There are so many different tea lattes out there. But, the one that will always be my favorite is the classic matcha.
Matcha (for those of you who don't know) is a finely ground powder of green tea leaves. It's like green tea on crack.
Trying to cut out coffee? Switch to matcha. It has high caffeine without the jitters and with added benefits including:
Loads of antioxidants, helps boost metabolism, it's rich in fiber and chlorophyll, it enhances mood and concentration, and provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium to the body. It's a great alternative to coffee/espresso lattes if you're trying to cut back on calories.
Alrighty! Without further adieu, here is my matcha latte recipe.
1. Heat up 2 cups of almond milk on the stove in a small pot on a medium temperature. Let the milk get hot but not boil.
2. Put the milk in a blender with a capful or 2 of organic vanilla extract for a little extra sweetness.
3. Add 1 Tbs of coconut (optional) oil for creaminess.
4. Add 1 tsp of matcha powder.
5. Blend it all together and enjoy!
I love love love this recipe and have it almost every day. It's creamy, fluffy, and not too sweet.
I hope you enjoy it! Tag me if you try it out and let me know how it is!